Back to News
ACCESS TO THE PRACTICE DURING COVID 19
Posted on 24 Jul 2020
HOW YOU ACCESS THE PRACTICE HAS CHANGED
Despite the Government easing lockdown restrictions we are still in a pandemic and have limited access at the Practice. We are trying to resume as many of our services as possible, but we would ask you not to attend surgery unless asked to do so by a Clinician.
We continue to operate telephone triage and would encourage patients to use eConsult via our website to help reduce the demand on our phone lines.
Our Nurses and Health Care Assistants are seeing patients but access is limited as rooms have to be cleaned after every patient contact. Clinicians will be wearing full PPE if you need a face to face appointment. Every precaution has been taken to protect both our patients and our staff. We would encourage patients attending the surgery to wear a face mask or face covering. Thank you for your co-operation
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, the way you access the Practice has changed.
· Face masks/face coverings are recommended when entering the building
· The main doors to the Centre are closed
· Before being allowed to enter the building you will need to press the intercom to the left of the entrance doors and advise the downstairs reception of the reason for your visit ie appointment at Springfields.
· Please ensure on entering the premises you wash your hands using the wall mounted sanitisers
· Our reception area has changed and you will see some chairs have signs on them not to use, this is to ensure any patients attending the surgery can safely socially distance whilst waiting for their appointment
· There is screening at our reception desk
· We are currently operating total telephone triage to protect both our patients and staff
· We can offer video consultations
· Clinicians who are seeing patients Face to Face will wear full Personal Protective Equipment
· Rooms are cleaned after every patient contact.
· Due to the extra precautions we are having to take, the number of routine appointments we have available with our Practice Nurses and our Health Care Assistants are reduced.
We have had to temporarily suspend on-line booking for Face to Face appointments. We are still offering a small number of pre-bookable or on the day telephone appointments
We would encourage patients not to attend surgery to order their prescription and we are unable to take prescriptions over the telephone. If you require a prescription please either e-mail your request email@example.com or if you are registered for on-line services, you can order your prescription through this service.
If you do not have a nominated Pharmacy, which means your prescription will be sent electronically to your Pharmacy, please think about setting this up as again it will reduce the amount of contact both yourself and our staff have during the current pandemic.
If you require any advice on how to set up on-line services or how to nominate a Pharmacy please contact us and we will be happy to advise you.
Advice/Queries/Sick Note Requests/Referral information
To help reduce your wait on the telephone, we would ask that you use our eConsult service if you wish to update your Clinician on your current condition, you have a query regarding a referral, require a sick note or you have a general enquiry you would like our help with. We aim to respond to eConsults within 24 hours (excluding Saturday and Sunday)