We offer a comprehensive range of clinics for our patients. Special clinics are offered within the surgery for the management of certain chronic medical conditions. These clinics are generally provided by the Practice Nurses who have received special training and overseen by a Doctor.
Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- NameMehrad Hosseini
- Opening TimesTuesday PM, Wednesday AM
- Additional InformationMehrad is able to deal with medication queries, queries regarding side affects of medication, hospital discharge queries regarding medication, general advice on blood pressure, bites and stings, hayfever and many other minor ailments. If you are struggling with your medication, he can also help you with this. He is available to speak to both on the telephone or face to face
- Additional InformationProvided by Sister Paula Raymond and Sister Lyn Hughes who hold the Diploma for the Primary Care Management of Diabetes affiliated to the University of Bradford. These clinics are supervised by Dr Aggarwal, Dr Kyriakou and Dr Cox
- Additional InformationProvided by Sister Lyn Hughes
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Additional InformationProvided by Sister Lyn Hughes and Sister Paula Raymond
Hypertension (Raised Blood Pressure)
- Additional InformationProvided by Practice Nurse Team. Patients with problems will be referred to their usual Doctor.
- Additional InformationProvided by the Practice Nurse Team. Vaccination and special health precautions are required for some holiday destinations. Our nurses are able to offer the latest advice on all aspects of health for travellers.
PLEASE BOOK A TELEPHONE CONSULTATION WITH OUR PRACTICE NURSE AT LEAST 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO TRAVEL.
**Please be aware there may be a charge for this service**
Yellow Fever Centre
- Additional InformationYellow fever is a serious illness passed to humans by the bite of an infected mosquito. Yellow fever occurs in tropical parts of South America and Africa.
Springfields Medical Centre is a registered Yellow Fever Centre.
We are able to offer vaccination and advice for at risk destinations. This is not available as an NHS service and will incur a charge of £55 per vaccine.
PLEASE BOOK A TELEPHONE CONSULTATION WITH OUR PRACTICE NURSE AT LEAST 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO TRAVEL. DUE TO DEMAND FOR NURSE APPOINTMENTS, IF YOU DO NOT TELEPHONE FOR ADVICE WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME PERIOD PRIOR TO TRAVELLING, WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE YOU.
Childhood Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Opening TimesTuesday 3.00 – 4.30pm
- Additional InformationChildhood vaccinations are performed by the Practice Nurses. If you have any concerns about vaccination issues the Practice Nurse, your Health Visitor or one of the Doctors would be happy to advise. This Practice is committed to full vaccination and protection of all our children from the potentially serious and life threatening conditions against which we vaccinate.
- Additional InformationWe are committed to smoking cessation as a vital part of helping our patients maintain good health and prevent future serious illness. All medical staff give smoking cessation advice. Jillian Rothwell our Health Care Assistant provides a smoking cessation clinic and can provide information on community advice clinics.
NHS Smoking helpline Tel 0800 169 0169 or www.givingupsmoking.co.uk.
Family Planning Service
- Additional InformationAll Doctors and Nurses within the Practice are able to provide advice on the full range of contraceptive services.
- Additional InformationAppointments can be made with the Practice Nurse or if preferred the Doctor of your choice.
- Additional InformationBoth our Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants hold general surgery clinics for blood pressure checks, blood tests, removal of stitches, weight management and general health advice.
Six Week Baby Checks
- Additional InformationDr Kyriakou and Dr Cox carry out the six to eight week developmental checks.
- Additional InformationBath Street, Orford Jubilee Park and Penketh Health Centre - Appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Leg Ulcers - Bath Street, Orford Jubliee Park - appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Blood Clinics - Drop in clinics at Orford Jubliee Park and Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre
Ear Assessment Clinic - Bath Street, Orford Jubilee Park and Penketh Health Centre - Appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Doppler assessments - Referral by District Nurse for appointment at Penketh Health Centre, Orford Jubliee Park only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
- Additional InformationDrop-In Blood Clinics are available at Orford Jubilee Park, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 1.45 pm.
Bath Street Health & Wellbeing Centre, Monday to Friday 9 am to 12.00 pm.
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
Please ensure if you are intending to attend either of these clinics for a blood test, you will need to collect your blood test form from the Surgery as no patient can be seen without this
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
- Held byMrs Angela Evans and Sister Paula Raymond
- Additional InformationThe surgery provides free NHS Health Checks for all patients who are aged 40 - 74 who do not suffer from a chronic disease. This is a 30 minute appointment with Mrs Angela Evans or Sister Paula Raymond. You will have a comprehensive review including checking your blood pressure, cholesterol, weight. Your health check can help detect potential problems before they do real damage. Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, kidney disease and some types of dementia. The good news is these conditions can often be prevented.
- Additional InformationWe hold a weekly ante-natal clinic run by our Community Midwife. Pregnant ladies may self refer to the midwife. Referral forms are available to complete in reception. Once you have completed a referral form the midwife will contact you to arrange a booking appointment. You do not need to see your GP.
A representative from Bosom Buddies is also available during ante-natal clinic to discuss both breast and bottle feeding and to offer advice and support
- Additional InformationWe have three health visitor teams depending on which area of Warrington you live in. If you wish to speak to a health visitor please telephone 01925 867928.
Cancer Rehabilitation Programme
- NameCancer Rehabilitation Programme
- Additional InformationKnowing you have a cancer diagnosis can be frightening. The cancer rehabilitation programme offers patients and their families support at different stages of their cancer journey. They will be given the tools to help them manage their illness. Your Doctor or Nurse can refer you into the programme or you can self refer by calling 0300 003 0818 or e-mail email@example.com
- NameMike Dennis
- Additional Informationa bereavement support group is available at the surgery once a month for anyone struggling to come to terms with the death of a loved one. Please see our news page for information on the date and time of the next meeting
- Requires GP Referral?No
Need a GP in the evening or at the weekend?
- Additional InformationWarrington GPs are working together to provide evening and weekend NON-URGENT appointments at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre for those who may find it difficult to get to a GP during the day. Appointments are available Monday to Friday 6.30 pm to 8 pm and Saturday 8 am to 8 pm. These are NON-URGENT, BOOKED appointments only through your GP surgery. This service is not for emergencies or for Walk In Patients.
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01925 843880.