We offer a comprehensive range of clinics for our patients. Special clinics are offered within the surgery for the management of certain chronic medical conditions. These clinics are generally provided by the Practice Nurses who have received special training and overseen by a Doctor.
Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional Information Our Clinical Pharmacist is able to deal with medication queries, queries regarding side affects of medication, hospital discharge queries regarding medication, general advice on blood pressure, bites and stings, hayfever and many other minor ailments. If you are struggling with your medication, he can also help you with this. He is available to speak to both on the telephone or face to face
- Additional Information Provided by Sister Paula Raymond and Sister Lyn Hughes who hold the Diploma for the Primary Care Management of Diabetes affiliated to the University of Bradford. These clinics are supervised by Dr Aggarwal, Dr Kyriakou and Dr Cox
- Additional Information Provided by Sister Lyn Hughes and Sister Raymond
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Held by Sister Lyn Hughes
Ischaemic Heart Disease
- Additional Information Provided by Sister Lyn Hughes and Sister Paula Raymond
Hypertension (Raised Blood Pressure)
- Additional Information Provided by Practice Nurse Team. Patients with problems will be referred to their usual Doctor.
- Additional Information Provided by the Practice Nurse Team. Vaccination and special health precautions are required for some holiday destinations. Our nurses are able to offer the latest advice on all aspects of health for travellers.
PLEASE SUBMIT DETAILS OF YOUR TRIP VIA eConsult, AT LEAST 6 WEEKS PRIOR TO TRAVEL.
Our Practice Nurse will review your request and contact you with advice or to arrange an appointment
**Please be aware there may be a charge for this service**
Childhood Vaccinations and Immunisations
- Opening Times Tuesday 3.00 – 4.30pm
- Additional Information Childhood vaccinations are performed by the Practice Nurses. If you have any concerns about vaccination issues the Practice Nurse, your Health Visitor or one of the Doctors would be happy to advise. This Practice is committed to full vaccination and protection of all our children from the potentially serious and life threatening conditions against which we vaccinate.
- Additional Information We are committed to smoking cessation as a vital part of helping our patients maintain good health and prevent future serious illness. All medical staff give smoking cessation advice. Jillian Rothwell our Health Care Assistant provides a smoking cessation advice and can provide information on community advice clinics.
NHS Smoking helpline Tel 0800 169 0169 or www.givingupsmoking.co.uk.
Family Planning Service
- Additional Information All Doctors and Nurses within the Practice are able to provide advice on the full range of contraceptive services. Dr Armitage is responsible for coil fittings and implants.
As an additional service to our patients, Dr Cox offers joint injections. Patients must be seen by a Clinician prior to being referred to this clinic.
Dr Flora Kyriakou offers minor surgery for skin tags, removal of small lesions. Patients must be seen by a Clinician, preferrably Dr Flora before being referred to this clinic.
- Additional Information Appointments can be made with the Practice Nurse or if preferred the Doctor of your choice.
- Additional Information Both our Practice Nurses and Health Care Assistants hold general surgery clinics for blood pressure checks, blood tests, removal of stitches, weight management and general health advice.
Six Week Baby Checks
- Additional Information Dr Kyriakou, Dr Aggarwal, Dr Qureshi and Dr Cox carry out the six to eight week developmental checks.
- Additional Information Bath Street, Orford Jubilee Park and Penketh Health Centre - Appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Leg Ulcers - Bath Street, Orford Jubliee Park - appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Blood Clinics - Drop in clinics at Orford Jubliee Park and Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre
Ear Assessment Clinic - Bath Street, Orford Jubilee Park and Penketh Health Centre - Appointments only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
Doppler assessments - Referral by District Nurse for appointment at Penketh Health Centre, Orford Jubliee Park only Telephone 01925 251463/843853
- Additional Information Drop-In Blood Clinics are available at Orford Jubilee Park, Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 1.45 pm.
Bath Street Health & Wellbeing Centre, Monday to Friday 9 am to 12.00 pm.
NO APPOINTMENT NEEDED
Please ensure if you are intending to attend either of these clinics for a blood test, you will need to collect your blood test form from the Surgery as no patient can be seen without this
- Requires GP Referral? Yes
DUE TO THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC BLOOD CLINICS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - TEL 01925 843853
- Held by Mrs Angela Evans and Sister Jessie Kazenel
- Additional Information The surgery provides free NHS Health Checks for all patients who are aged 40 - 74 who do not suffer from a chronic disease. This is a 30 minute appointment with Mrs Angela Evans or Sister Paula Raymond. You will have a comprehensive review including checking your blood pressure, cholesterol, weight. Your health check can help detect potential problems before they do real damage. Everyone is at risk of developing heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, kidney disease and some types of dementia. The good news is these conditions can often be prevented.
- Pregnant ladies may self refer to the midwife. Referral forms are available to complete in reception. Once you have completed a referral form the midwife will contact you to arrange a booking appointment. You do not need to see your GP.
- Additional Information We have three health visitor teams depending on which area of Warrington you live in. If you wish to speak to a health visitor please telephone 01925 867928.
Cancer Rehabilitation Programme
- Name Cancer Rehabilitation Programme
- Additional Information Knowing you have a cancer diagnosis can be frightening. The cancer rehabilitation programme offers patients and their families support at different stages of their cancer journey. They will be given the tools to help them manage their illness. Your Doctor or Nurse can refer you into the programme or you can self refer by calling 0300 003 0818 or e-mail email@example.com
- Name Mike Dennis/Judith Southart
- Additional Information A bereavement support group is available at the surgery once a month for anyone struggling to come to terms with the death of a loved one. Please see our news page for information on the date and time of the next meeting
- Requires GP Referral? No. Please contact Judith at the surgery for more information
CURRENTLY VIA ZOOM DUE TO CORONAVIRUS
Need a GP in the evening or at the weekend?
- Additional Information Warrington GPs are working together to provide evening and weekend NON-URGENT appointments at Bath Street Health and Wellbeing Centre for those who may find it difficult to get to a GP during the day. Appointments are available Monday to Friday 6.30 pm to 8 pm and Saturday 8 am to 8 pm. These are NON-URGENT, BOOKED appointments only through your GP surgery. This service is not for emergencies or for Walk In Patients.
- Requires GP Referral? Yes
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01925 303250.